Stage 2 (from July 2020 to August 2021) aims at clarifying the obligations imposed on States and possibly International Organisations (IOs) and Non-State Actors (NSAs) at the international and EU levels covering the different types of CBRN risks and the different phases of the emergency management cycle.
Five macro-areas have been identified:
- CBRN weapons’ legality in armed conflicts and requirements under jus ad bellum and Arms Control and Disarmament Law (led by UNITO and UNIFI))
- CBRN terrorism related obligations (led by SSSA)
- Dealing with CBRN events (led by SSSA)
- Specific requirements under EU law (led by UNIBO)
- Managing the consequences of a CBRN event (led by UNIFI and SSSA)
Stage 2 will produce five working papers, summarizing the results of each task, and a summary report.